Wednesday, July 28, 2010

I Need Your Feedback - July 28, 2010

It's hard to believe that I wrote my first post on Traveling Teacher 2010 almost a year ago. It has been a real joy to share my thoughts on life, travel, and my experiences in Turkey.

I'm not one for exaggeration, but I can say without a doubt that the trip has forever changed my outlook on life.

Over the last two weeks, after a couple of friends suggested the idea, I have been pondering writing a book about my blog and my adventures in Turkey. I am trying to get an idea if it might be a story that people would enjoy reading, so I've set up a simple poll with the question - "Should I Write a Book About Traveling Through Turkey?"

I've lived with this project for so long that it's hard for me to ascertain if the general population would find the topic interesting or if it is time for me to let it all go.

Any feedback, especially from writers or publishers, would be appreciated.

The poll is on the right-hand side of the blog below "Final Breakdown of Expenses."

2 comments:

  1. You absolutely should write a book about your traveling experience! I was glued to your blog the entire time you were gone (I read it before and after, but it wasn't the same). It really could encourage others to take the plunge into international travel. I'd always wanted to go places and see things, but I was very intimidated by it. I got a push from a number of people (Joanie included) and other people may need a little push to reap such amazing rewards. Your experiences make it much more accessible personally, culturally, and financially. I'll gladly buy it and recommend it to all my friends, especially those who haven't traveled much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nikki,

    Thank you for your words of encouragement, and I'm glad that you enjoyed the blog.

    Over these last few months, each time I read kind comments such as yours it gave me even more courage for my trip and more motivation to
    write.

    It really has felt like a group journey since the beginning.

    ReplyDelete