Monday, September 7, 2009

A Week of Firsts - September 7, 2009

I continue to be humbled by the reaction to my blog.

To date, the site has gotten almost 600 hits from more than 30 states and ten foreign countries. Also, this week, I received my first donations totaling $10. Thank you! According to a Chinese proverb, "the journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." Hopefully, these ten dollars will help me take the first steps of my own 1,000-mile journey.

As promised, I will provide you with monthly financial statements. The first one will appear in October. Since I had no donations in August, my accounting friend didn't post a September statement.

This week, I also received another form of generosity from a reader in Australia. His name is Marcus Endicott. I've never met him and knew nothing about him until a couple of days ago, but through a series of ripples, he came across my blog and decided to share my story with his 2,000-member travel site (See comment section under "The Ripples Spread").

It turns out that Marcus is an internationally-known travel writer and authority on sustainable tourism.

Was it a coincidence that Marcus came across my blog? I'm reminded of the words of Joseph Campbell who said, "Follow your bliss and the universe will open doors for you where there were only walls." Thanks, Marcus, for opening up a new door.

Frequently, I tell my students to follow their dreams because anything is possible. I know that there are other people out there with dreams of their own. Maybe it's time to follow your own bliss and trust that a friendly universe will support your dreams.

Because this is a universal undertaking, I have decided to add a translation program to the blog. The program features more than 30 languages. I hope this will make the site more accessible.

Again, thanks for reading my blog, and thanks for your generosity.

No comments:

Post a Comment