Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Zimbabwean President Resigns


A week after the military seized power in Zimbabwe the president, Robert Mugabe, has resigned. The 93-year old led the country for 37 years.

Emmerson Mnangagwa will serve out the remainder of Mugabe's term. Elections are scheduled for August 2018.

As I mentioned before, Zimbabwe is not the kind of place that tolerates criticism of the government, which is why I will continue to refrain from making any remarks; however, I would encourage you to go online and check out the archives of The New York Times to get a sense of how all of the events unfolded.

Even after a rather tumultuous week, I continue to feel completely safe, especially as life slowly returns to normal. Still, I appreciate all of your concern and best wishes.

Stay tuned to the latest news in Zimbabwe. It's bound to be a wild ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment