Thursday, August 7, 2014

What's Different About Singapore?

Yesterday, a teacher here asked me the biggest difference I've noticed so far between America and Singapore. Without thinking, I shared the first thing that came to mind, and the answer surprised me.

I told him that America is the kind of place where if I were to approach a group of teenagers hanging out on a dimly lit street corner in a major, metropolitan city at 2 a.m. I would feel a bit apprehensive, pass with caution, and watch my back the entire time.

On the other hand, Singapore is the kind of place where if I approached the same group of teenagers at the same time of night I wouldn't think twice about passing, and one of the teenagers would likely say "hello."

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment. You seem to have a topflight, Indian travel agency. I might have to utilize your company's services when I finally make it to India.

      Delete
    2. It would be my pleasure to welcome you to India. You can utilize our services as and when required, we would be glad.Thank you for your response.

      Delete