Thursday, June 25, 2015

Australian Winter Holiday - Coastal Walk



Bondi Beach, Australia


High temperatures in the 60s and lows in the 40s didn't slow down the locales from swimming, but my sister, Susan,and I decided to stick on land and just admire the view.




You're looking at Bondi  Beach. On a weekend, summer day, upwards of 35,000 people come here.

Still, visitors year-round enjoy strolling along the cliffs of the coastal walk that winds through four scenic beaches along the way.



The two-hour journey is an impressive way to take in the beauty of the Pacific.




Susan even managed to spot another migrating, humpback whale about a mile off shore.

I can't say enough good things about Australia's commitment to parks and its public transportation system. Bondi is an easy, 30-minute, $3 bus ride away from Sydney.

Sadly, we must wrap up our Australian holiday. I'd highly recommend a visit to Sydney. The nightlife is lively, the residents quite friendly, and there's a plethora of places to see.

Best of all, I got to spend a week with my big sister, minus the distractions of work and child rearing. Great time.

I leave you with something to ponder – where will you be in the year 2065?

Before taking off for my summer break, I saw a student poster asking this very question. Statistically speaking, I'll be long gone from the face of the Earth, as well as the rest of my family and friends, unless I somehow live to be 100.

Sobering isn't it.  It seems like I just graduated from college, and yet this weekend, I'll awake as a 50-year-old man.

Time is passing. What are you putting off? Why not do it now.


No comments:

Post a Comment